Date(s) - 14/04/2020 - 15/04/2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This course will address the science and engineering of anodizing and chemical conversion coating of aluminum. The 2-day course will be taught by an industry expert who has successfully run finishing operations in this industry segment, and who is currently a lead NADCAP Auditor for chemical processing.
Beginning with aluminum metallurgy, the course will review anodizing processing for sulfuric acid anodizing, chromic acid anodizing and chemical conversion coatings. The perspective is of this training will be directly addressing specific aerospace processing specifications and will convey the various distinctions necessary to comply with the requirements of Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier, Lockheed and others. The instructor is accredited by Nadcap in the areas of certification preparation, aerospace contract review, root cause/corrective actions, and statistical process control.
- To understand the science and engineering of chemical processes used to modify and enhance surface properties & performance.
- To provide knowledge of the anodizing process and the important differences between chromating, anodizing and plating with particular reference to the importance of the alloy (metal) and the process solutions and chemistry involved.
- To facilitate the understanding of preparation, processing and stripping of chromating and various types of anodizing and their effects on the final product properties.
- An understanding of key lot and periodic tests and their significance.
- To provide a chemical approach for better understanding of importance of written instructions and procedures.
- To illustrate the value of records and their review.
Who should attend this workshop?
The program is designed to benefit production personnel-from the line operator to the production manager particularly if they are relatively new to the business. Those who would find value in the program include:
• Quality Control Technicians
• Racking and Masking Specialists
• Floor Managers
• Plant Mangers
• Process Coordinators.
For more information and questions about how to register for this workshop please contact Cheryl Clark of the Surface Finishing Academy at +1 (703) 677-2001, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookings are closed for this event.