12TH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON PARTICLES ON SURFACES: DETECTION, ADHESION AND REMOVAL - CALL FOR PAPERS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Hopewell Junction, NY Dr. K. L. Mittal of MST Conferences has announced a call for papers to be presented at the 12th International Symposium on Particles on Surfaces: Detection, Adhesion, and Removal which will be held in conjunction with the Process Cleaning Expo in Louisville, KY on May 4-6, 2010.
MST is currently accepting abstracts for papers on the following suggested topics:
• Detection, identification and characterization of particles on surfaces in Micrometer scale & Nanometer scale.
• Factors that influence particle adhesion including chemistry, topography, shape, size, relative humidity, medium, etc.
• Particle adhesion measurement techniques and forces affecting adhesion: JKR theory, Hamaker theory.
• Techniques for particle removal including the challenge of nano-scale removal and role of fluid dynamics in particle removal.
• Implications of particle contamination in microelectronic applications, biomedical applications, optical applications, and precision tool applications.
• Thermodynamics of particle removal including interactions with fluids, electrolytes and solvents.
• Detection and Removal of bacteria/viruses considered as particles.
Dr. K. L. Mittal is the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology and the director of MST Conferences, which sponsors courses and symposia in this field. He has edited over 100 books in the areas of adhesion and interface science, surface cleaning, particle adhesion and removal, surfactants, and high temperature polymers and is internationally recognized as an authority in the science of surface and interface technology. Dr. Mittal created the Particles on Surfaces Symposium Series to address the vast ramifications of particles on solid surfaces in manufacturing by bringing together specialists in many allied fields to discuss their latest findings and to identify areas for further investigation.
The 2010 Process Cleaning Expo (PCx) was created by Process Cleaning Magazine to provide a forum where industry professionals could meet to share information about the advancements in the process of industrial cleaning. Participants in the Conference will also receive updates from industry regulators, and those who are new to the science of surface cleaning will have the opportunity to learn the fundamentals from the most knowledgeable in the world. The two events will be held in the same location in order to foster mutually beneficial interactions between those attending the exposition whose primary interests are the practical removal of contaminants from commercial products.
For more information about paper submissions please contact: Dr. Robert H. Lacombe, Symposium Chairman at (845) 897-1654, firstname.lastname@example.org, 3 Hammer Drive, Hopewell Junction, NY 12533
If you would like more information about exhibiting at this event please visit the Process Cleaning Expo website or click here. If you would like to register to attend this syposium or any other part of PXC2010 from the main conference webpage please click here.